- Excl. Tax: £249.99 Incl. Tax: £299.99View Product
- Excl. Tax: £145.82 Incl. Tax: £174.99View Product
- Starting from Excl. Tax: £99.99 Incl. Tax: £119.99View Product
Noise Reducing Curtains
Acoustic Curtains / Sound Absorbing / Sound Proofing Curtains
Direct Fabrics are specialist curtain manufacturers, we manufacture acoustic curtains to the highest standards in our UK factories. Using an acoustic curtain fabric that absorbs sound to reduce echoes. Our Certfied Lining Fabrics will
PLEASE READ THIS - There are 2 elements to sound acoustics. They are sound absorption & sound proofing. Our curtains will do a great job absorbing with an "A" Rating and using our own brand of vinyl lining will do Sound Proofing as room Dividers giving 11-13db reduction.
Road Noise is another issue entirely it will reduce the reverbaration round your room, but wont stop it coming in. Double glazing will do this.
You will definitely reduce the sound coming into the space and deaden sound that is present.
Browse our room divider curtains
Understand Acoustic and What your Problem Is
Noise Reducing Curtains
Our range of curtains has been specifically designed to reduce noise within a space. They work through absorbing the sound. If you have a modern empty room sound isn't being absorbed just reverberates around the space. By adding curtains that have been tested to absorb sound to ENISO 354 Rating "A" means you will reduce the sound passing around the space.
Our curtains are one of the BEST in the marketplace and have the certificates to prove it. Everything we do is certified so we have the laboratory evidence to back up our claims
What is Acoustic Absorption - Echo Reducing / Sound Reducing
Acoustic absorption refers to the process by which a material, structure, or object takes in sound energy when sound waves are encountered, as opposed to reflecting the energy. Part of the absorbed energy is transformed into heat and part is transmitted through the absorbing body. In normal speak - it is the reduction of the echo in a space. So these curtains even UNLINED perform at a grade A per ENISO 354 with an absorbtion of 0.95. This is the highest rating of the ENISO 354. You will notice greatly the sound has been reduced.
The Range - Simple / Effective / Well Priced
- Excl. Tax: £104.16 Incl. Tax: £124.99View Product
- Starting from Excl. Tax: £146.67 Incl. Tax: £176.00View Product
Sound Deadening Curtains
Our curtains are perfect for sound deadening. Sound deadening is also known as sound absorbtion. When using our curtains they will absorb and deaden the sound in a space. They are soft and absorbative and will take the reverberation out of a room.
Frequently Asked Question About Sound Proof Curtains
- This all depends on how your room is constructed and most importantly the windows that are in your room. If you have a draughty window made out of single glazing then our curtains will work well to reduce the sound entering and passing around the room. The curtains have been tested for sound insulation effectively sound blocking. The tests performed in the laboratory have shown the insulation of upto 13db as a 3 layer system. However, the sound blocking is totally dependent on the structure of the room Customer Review - Triple Glazed windows in a modern London apartment. Our customer has said there was a 50% reduction in the sound. Road Noise is generally low tones when on the road side, so if on a ground floor level the sound is probably entering through the fabric of the building. This means your adjustments will need to be more structural. For higher frequencies, these curtains will work well to dull the sound.
Similar to road noise it depends on the construction of your room
We have had customers note - they have seen upto a 50% improvement when using double glazing and our curtains. They can now sleep through the the early morning flights. Modern buildings with quality double glazing units will only see a marginal impact from the sound entering the room. Where you will notice the improvement is the sound already bounces around the space. As you are adding an acoustic absorber being the face fabric to the space, it will reduce the reverberation of the sound passing around the space.
YES - This is an excellent use of our acoustic curtains. standard acoustic herringbone fabric with duo lining is well suited to reduce sound passing from space to space at about 11db - 13db in a laboratory environment, combine this with our vinyl will get you approximately 10db in real-world testing. Laboratory.
Compared to the laboratory tests which have the fabric totally sealed you will not get a result as good as this in the real world. From our office tests and videos on youtube we have seen results of around 3db less in the real world. Going from 13db down to 10db area.