G Rail 4800 - Heavy Duty Hand Drawn Track 80kg Weight Limit
2 Weeks or Less - Manufactured to Order
G Rail 4800 - Heavy Duty Hand Drawn Track
Top fix or wall fix
Heavy Duty to 80kg
Made to Measure
Everything to your exact size
Aluminium Profile with Standard Gliders - Contract Duty
Pull across by hand
Everything for 1 Installation
The 4800 is a flexible aluminium track, suitable for light to heavyweight curtains and features the optional use of gliders or rollers. Standard components included are the 4010 gliders and 5350 or 5351 brackets depending on whether top or face fixed.
The strength of this track allows a greater distance between fixing bracket centres. This is beneficial when using special clips to fix to a suspended ceiling grid where standard width ceiling tiles have to be bridged.
This track can be used with suspended ceilings, see the main images for an example.
Benefites of the G Rail 4800
- The ideal track for all weight classes
- Aluminium track; can be forward or reverse bent in different radii
- Wall or ceiling mounting
- Available as standard in white or anodised aluminium
- Plastic gliders for quiet operation
- Complete kits with everything to install to one window
Main Components of the 4800 Curtain Track
White Curtain Profile
Silver Curtain Track Profile
Dimensions of curtain track
Brackets and Glider option for 4800 Curtain Track
Ceiling or wall mounted
Areas of Use for the G Rail 4800
- Domestic or Contract
- Hotel Bedrooms, Bedrooms,
- Surround Curtains Mid weight,
- Care Home Curtains
- School Curtains
- Decorative exhibtion curtain tracks
The 4800 can be forward or reverse bent to create attractive returns.
- Minimum bending radius: 10cm with bending tool 1012
- Standard bending radius: 10cm with bending tool 1012 or 1015
- Other bending radii: greater than 80cm with bending tool 1018
Bespoke Quoting - Our team can help
Let our team help you with your project. We are here to help with your measurements and choice of curtain tracks for you. Speak with one of the team today and we can put everything together for you. If you are still struggling on track choice then be sure to contact us and we will do our very best to help.
To order made to measure curtain tracks from Direct Fabrics you can enter your details in the boxes above and purchase through the website or receive a quote via email, just just email us over the details and measuremnts of your project and we can get things started.
Ordered the parts I needed and they arrived the following day. Nice chat with the sales lady. Great service
First time I've used Direct Fabrics, & I will definitely use them again. Good choice of products, easy to navigate website, great delivery & excellent customer service.
Cheerful and helpful customer service
Excellent company to deal with.
Ordered an extra long rail and it came damaged and within a week had it replaced.
They were friendly helpfu efficientl and did what they said. Thankyou team
The curtain rail was exactly as described, supplied to the bespoke length and delivered promptly.
Easy to order, very fast dleivery, great service.
Always a pleasure dealing with the team at Direct Fabrics
Very helpful and friendly.
I purchased an aluminium curtain track and fittings. Product was quality, as anticipated.
I had a couple of queries prior to purchase, which their technical specialist dealt with quickly and competently.
Telephone and e-mail communications with the company were first class.
Only disappointment was the week delay in delivery, otherwise I would have awarded 5 stars.
Curtain rail now installed and working well with heavy curtains.
|2 Weeks or Less - Manufactured to Order
How to Measure For Curtains, Blinds and Tracks.
Pen and Paper
For recording your
Someone to assist if your
windows are large .
Metal Tape Measure
As this will allow you to get a
rigid full length measurement.
Make sure your curtain tracks and poles are fitted in the position you want.
Choose the type of curtains that you would like and how you want to hang your curtains. See our heading styles guide
We recommend fitting your hardware first before measuring, this avoids any issues with not getting the perfect fit.
Measure your window using our main guide. Quick summary below. Remember wave, pinch, and designer headings require slightly different measurement
Measure in 3 places and take the shortest drop – Floors and ceilings can run out.
Double / Triple check your measurements
Choosing your Curtain Track Width
The width of the curtain track should extend past your window this allows for the curtains to stack back away from your window and allow light in.
Measure your recess and then add on 15cm on either side. For acoustics , we recommend further to fully cover the window and the surrounding area. In our test we added an additional 30cm to the width and also made the curtain floor length.
Wave curtains, for every 100cm of track the curtains will stack circa *18cm
Eyelet curtains, they will stack back circa 10cm per *70cm of track width
Pencil Pleat will stack approx 25% of the track width. eg. 210cm track will stack 52.5%
* all dependent on thickness of fabric
Selecting your Curtain Drop
Where to Measure From for Different Type of Curtains
Type of Curtains
Where to Measure from - to desired length
Pencil Pleat Curtains
Top of the Track - If using a extra wide track or designer track like silent gliss metropole, then measure from the underside of the track.
Pencil Pleat Curtains
Measure from small ring at the bottom of eye under the ring, this is where your curtain clips into.
Curtain Pole – Only
Top of the pole *we add on the upstand to our curtains,
Pinch Pleat Curtains
The underside of the track
Curtain Track Designer Pole
The glider underneath the track. The curtain will sit under the track.
See Heading Style of Choice above
Same but make sure wider than normal ideally 30cm past either side and 30 above. Also to the floor.
How to Measure for Blinds going Inside the Recess
- Measure the exact width of the recess in three places; at the top of the recess, in the centre of the recess and near the bottom - then take the smallest size.
- Measure the exact drop of the recess in three places on the left hand side of the recess, in the centre of the recess and on the right hand side of the recess - then take the smallest size.
- We will take one cm off the finished width size you have given us, to allow for the blind to pull up and down easily.
- Double check your measurements
- Cord Safety - Mounting Height - We ask for the mounting height of your blinds to allow for the cord to be 150cm off the ground. If mounting at 210cm This is what you enter in the Fitting height box. We make a deduction to ensure the cord is 150cm from the floor. Thus the cord loop will be 60cm
How to Measure Outside of the Recess
- Measure the recess in 3 places on the width and also 3 places on the drop. Take the widest measurement.
- Measure the width of the actual recess plus an additional amount – Usually from 7cm-15cm whatever you think looks appropriate. This is for overlap.
- Measure the exact drop of the recess. The blind would be fitted above the recess, so check the space above and add an amount on to the drop – usually from 7-15cm
- These sizes you have taken will be the size of the finished blind.
- Double check your measurements
- Cord Safety - Mounting Height - We ask for the mounting height of your blinds to allow for the cord to be 150cm off the ground. If mounting at 210cm This is what you enter in the fitting height box. We make a deduction to ensure the cord is 150cm from the floor. Thus the cord loop will be 60cm
Cubicle Tracks you have to measure with right angles from wall to wall where you want the track to go
Draw your room on a piece of paper with a sky view
Now measure from the wall to wall for straight tracks,
L Shape Tracks Measure to a point on the floor and mark with a piece of tape. Then for the other sides measure from the other wall to that point.
Always check for obstructions and fitting issues you may need to work around
SAVE TIME - Send your project requirements, large or small. Sample Lists etc