Oxford Velvet Stage Flame Retardant Curtains 22 Colours
Currently 3-4 Weeks. Made to Order. Order Soon to Avoid Disappointment - Estimated END January Delivery Due to Christmas Closure - Contact for more info
Oxford Velvet - Flame Retardant Stage Curtains
Suitable for Commercial Use. DFR Certified BS5867 Part2B
Made to Measure
Made to Measure exactly how you want them
Stage Curtain Material
Traditional Stage Curtain Material
Oxford velvet is regularly used across the hospitality, cruise, education and workplace markets, and can also be used in a domestic setting.
The Oxford range comes in 22 stunning colours, Cardinal Red, Black, Royal, Peacock, Silver, Sage, Periwinkle, Emerald, Raspberry, Pewter, French Navy, Bourbon, Purple, Saffron, Cranberry, Fawn, Dove Grey, Beige, Oyster, Ginger, Henna, and Damson. Our bestsellers are Black, Royal, Raspberry and Cardinal Red.
The fabric is a timeless classic and has been in our range for years. The Oxford velvet range is also a perfect choice for cinemas, theatres, village halls and more. It offers a luxury feel for a great price and has a lovely weigh of 363gms which drapes beautifully.
For reviews and case studies please refer to our Trust Pilot review platform where you will find all our client reviews. We also have case study section on our website where you will find pictures and information about projects we have been involved with. https://www.direct-fabrics.co.uk/blog/testimonials
Stage Curtains Specification
- For our stage curtains we manufacture them to 1.5x fullness of the track width rounded to the nearest width. An example of this for a 500cm curtain track we use (500x1.5=750) / (fabric width 140cm = 5.35 so we use 6 widths of fabric to make the curtains. If your track was 450cm we would use 5 widths of fabric. So we try to make the curtains fit as closely as possible.
- The heading for our curtains is a snap hook which clips through your track loops, we can also offer tie tops and a standard pencil pleat heading, check below for more infomation or contact the team and we will be happy to help.
- We use a chain weight in the hems to make them drape perfectly.
- Width 122cm
- Weight 363gms
- Flame retardant to BS5867 Part2B - Retreat if wet
- Lining flame retardant to BS5867 Part 2B
Bespoke Quoting - Our team can help
Let our team help you with your project. We are here to help with your measurements and the best fabrics and designs for you. Speak with one of the team today and we can put everything together for you. If you are still struggling on fabric choice then be sure to contact us and we can organise some samples for you.
To order made to measure curtains from Direct Fabrics you can enter your details in the boxes above and purchase through the website or receive a quote via email, just just email us over the details and measuremnts of your project and we can get things started.
Headings Options for Stage Curtains:
Pencil pleat is the traditional style of curtain heading that is a used in most windows and gives a lovely finish. You have the flexibility from the stitched in curtain tape which allows you to alter the height above your track and pole.
Webbing to snap hooks:
Webbing to Snap Hooks clips sewn into the heading tape that then clip straight into a stage track. Not all tracks are suitable for this. Please send over images of your current track if you need any help.
Tie tops can be tied onto a pole or batten, great for backdrops and for curtains that need to be portable around different spaces.
Lining Options for Stage Curtains:
All lining options from Direct Fabrics are flame retardent certified to BS5867 and can be used in commercial enviroments.
Unlined Curtains are a good option if you are looking for a low cost option.
Standard polyester FR lining is a low cost option that provides extra fullness and helps your curtains drape better. It will provide additional shade on standard fabrics and on dimout and blackout fabrics it is used to add a more luxurious feel.
3 Pass blackout lining is Direct Fabrics choice for all curtains as it is 100% blackout, allowing you to control the amount of light coming into a room, making perfect for bedrooms and other dark enviroments. The 3 pass coating is very hard wearing and provides a thermal benefit aswell as making your curtain drape better.
|Washing / Cleaning Information Face Fabric||Dry Clean P Sensitive|
|Flame Retardant Certified Rating||BS5867 Part 2B|
|Delivery||Currently 3-4 Weeks. Made to Order. Order Soon to Avoid Disappointment - Estimated END January Delivery Due to Christmas Closure - Contact for more info|
|Fabric Width (cm)||122|
|Pattern Repeat Vertical (cm)||1|
|Composition||100% Cotton Pile Velvet|
|Product attachment|| |
Product Information Sheets
How to Measure For Curtains, Blinds and Tracks.
Pen and Paper
For recording your
Someone to assist if your
windows are large .
Metal Tape Measure
As this will allow you to get a
rigid full length measurement.
Make sure your curtain tracks and poles are fitted in the position you want.
Choose the type of curtains that you would like and how you want to hang your curtains. See our heading styles guide
We recommend fitting your hardware first before measuring, this avoids any issues with not getting the perfect fit.
Measure your window using our main guide. Quick summary below. Remember wave, pinch, and designer headings require slightly different measurement
Measure in 3 places and take the shortest drop – Floors and ceilings can run out.
Double / Triple check your measurements
Choosing your Curtain Track Width
The width of the curtain track should extend past your window this allows for the curtains to stack back away from your window and allow light in.
Measure your recess and then add on 15cm on either side. For acoustics, we recommend further to fully cover and more the window. Tested to 30cm
Wave curtains, for every 100cm of track the curtains will stack circa *18cm
Eyelet curtains, they will stack back circa 10cm per *70cm of track width
Pencil Pleat will stack approx 25% of the track width. eg. 210cm track will stack 52.5%
* all dependent on thickness of fabric
Selecting your Curtain Drop
Where to Measure From for Different Type of Curtains
Type of Curtains
Where to Measure from - to desired length
Pencil Pleat Curtains
Top of the Track - If using a extra wide track or designer track like silent gliss metropole, then measure from the underside of the track.
Pencil Pleat Curtains
Measure from small ring at the bottom of eye under the ring, this is where your curtain clips into.
Curtain Pole – Only
Top of the pole *we add on the upstand to our curtains,
Pinch Pleat Curtains
The underside of the track
Curtain Track Designer Pole
The underside of the track
See Heading Style of Choice above
Same but makesure wider than normal ideally 30cm past either side and 30 above. Also to the floor.
How to Measure for Blinds goinng Inside the Recess
- Measure the exact width of the recess in three places; at the top of the recess, in the centre of the recess and near the bottom - then take the smallest size.
- Measure the exact drop of the recess in three places on the left hand side of the recess, in the centre of the recess and on the right hand side of the recess - then take thesmallest size.
- We will take one cm off the finished width size you have given us, to allow for the blind to pull up and down easily.
- Double check your measurements
- Cord Safety - Mounting Height - We ask for the mounting height of your blinds to allow for the cord to be 150cm off the ground. If mounting at 210cm This is what you enter in the Fitting height box. We make a deduction to ensure the cord is 150cm from the floor. Thus the cord loop will be 60cm
How to Measure Outside of the Recess
- Measure the recess in 3 places on the width and also 3 places on the drop. Take the widest measurement.
- Measure the width of the actual recess plus an additional amount – Usually from 7cm-15cm whatever you think looks appropriate. This is for overlap.
- Measure the exact drop of the recess. The blind would be fitted above the recess, so check the space above and add an amount on to the drop – usually from 7-15cm
- These sizes you have taken will be the size of the finished blind.
- Double check your measurements
- Cord Safety - Mounting Height - We ask for the mounting height of your blinds to allow for the cord to be 150cm off the ground. If mounting at 210cm This is what you enter in the fitting height box. We make a deduction to ensure the cord is 150cm from the floor. Thus the cord loop will be 60cm
Cubicle Tracks you have to measure with right angles from wall to wall where you want the track to go
Draw your room on a piece of paper with a sky view
Now measure from the wall to wall for straight tracks,
L Shape Tracks Measure to a point on the floor and mark with a piece of tape. Then for the other sides measure from the other wall to that point.
Always check for obstructions and fitting issues you may need to work around
Flame Retardant to British Standards
This fabric is flame retardant to British Standards. The flame retardant standards are certified for use in commercial environments, including; care homes, hotels, schools, pubs, restaurants and more. All our fire resistant products come with certification from UK registered testing houses. Please check the additional information tab for the flame retardant standards this particular product complies to. We ensure all our stated fire resistant curtain fabrics are certified to BS5867 Part2B or 2C. Upholsteryfabrics are certified to BS5852 and the bedding to BS7175, but please check the additional information to ensure the fabric you are viewing is fit for the purpose you require.
Made to Measure in the UK.
Our made to measure curtains and blinds are manufactured to your exact specification which means you get a quality custom finish for an incredibly low price because as you are buying direct. We use your measurements to make everything to your requirements using our team of UK manufacturing facilities. If you have a specific requirement then please speak to the team and we will customise your products exactly how you would like them making.
Made to Measure Curtains
Our made to measure curtains are produced by our trained seamstresses who produce the very finest curtains for both commercial and domestic environments. All our curtains use the finest tapes and linings and this means you get a super finish to your window dressings. Our custom made drapes use double fullness for pencil pleat and 2.5x fullness for pinch pleat. We round up to the nearest full width for all our curtains as we don’t like skimped windows. We offer a pulling and hooking service so all our curtains are ready to hang so you get the perfect pleats in your curtains as they are already pulled up to the track width you specified.
Nationwide Fitting and Installation
We have a nationwide team of experts who will come to your site. Please see the full details here. We can do check measures of your windows and provide you with dressing advice.
Free Product and Fabric Samples
We offer a full range of free fabric samples for all of our clients. Simply click the "order free sample" button above and select the options you would be interested in and you will get a samples added to your "shopping cart" bag in the menu.
Full Bespoke Quotations & Invoicing Available
We offer a full service for all our products so if you need advice or help please speak with our well trained team. You can speak directly with our sales agent who has over 20 years’ experience in the soft furnishings industry. We are here to help.
We offer clients an invoice which they can pay via bank transfer as well as card over the phone. We try to make the payment process as simple as possible.