Garda Soft Blackout Velvet 280cm wide 20 Colours
3 - 5 Working Days Delivery
Suitable for Commercial Use.
Even Unlined this curtain is blackout
Made to Measure
All Made to Measure to your exact requirements.
Free Samples Available
Bring a more decadent look into the room with Garda, a soft velvet available 18 tones. A luxury cost effective fabric in stock available for quick delivery.
Perfect for Hotels, non ageing and brings a sophisticated look into the room. The light bounces off the crushed velvet beautifully, the fabric drapes with class and style.
You can design with confidence in Hotel & Leisure Interiors knowing Milano meets full Fire retardant contract standards.
Why choose Garda?
Need a blackout fabric that upholds class and style? Garda is a blackout fabric; crushed velvet never goes out of style. The Garda will be the highlight of the room with its eye opening colours available; people will never believe the low costs! With being blackout this saves any additional costs for lining, an excellent choice for achieving any budget requirements.
Who is the Garda for?
The Garda will fit in perfectly with any styled room, perfect for bringing class and sophistication to hotels or your home. It’s everything you need being Blackout, Fire Resistant and stylish.
Composition : 100% Polyester
Fabric Width (cm) : 280cm
Weight : 450gsm
Meets FR Standard : BS 5867 Pt 2 B, EN 13773, IMO, Cig & Match, NFPA 701
Usage : Drapery - Do Not Railroad Fabric
Colour Fastness - 5/6
Pattern Repeat - NA
Quick on Delivery, always available for any type of clarification related to fabric or curtains. Flexible to send you any sample you may need. Good fabrics materials Excellent professionals I always bought the curtains fabrics here and never got any problems so far
Great company, excellent service
Great fabric at a good price and super quick delivery.
I would definitely order from here again.
Very helpful, professional, friendly, prompt service. Will use again.
Samples received very promptly thank you!
Excellent service! The fabric samples were send quickly and very well catalogued and it was easy to make a decision! I have then ordered a fabric to make a curtain and it was of high quality (Garda off White). I am extremely happy and highly recommend Direct Fabrics.
Excellent customer service. Everything arrived quickly, well packed and more importantly just as described. Will definitely use again.
|Flame Retardant Certified Rating
|Average Roll Size
|3 - 5 Working Days Delivery
|Washing / Cleaning Information Face Fabric
|30 Degrees (When Blackout Lined)
|Fabric Width (cm)
|Pattern Repeat Vertical (cm)
How to Measure For Curtains, Blinds and Tracks.
Pen and Paper
For recording your
Someone to assist if your
windows are large .
Metal Tape Measure
As this will allow you to get a
rigid full length measurement.
Make sure your curtain tracks and poles are fitted in the position you want.
Choose the type of curtains that you would like and how you want to hang your curtains. See our heading styles guide
We recommend fitting your hardware first before measuring, this avoids any issues with not getting the perfect fit.
Measure your window using our main guide. Quick summary below. Remember wave, pinch, and designer headings require slightly different measurement
Measure in 3 places and take the shortest drop – Floors and ceilings can run out.
Double / Triple check your measurements
Choosing your Curtain Track Width
The width of the curtain track should extend past your window this allows for the curtains to stack back away from your window and allow light in.
Measure your recess and then add on 15cm on either side. For acoustics , we recommend further to fully cover the window and the surrounding area. In our test we added an additional 30cm to the width and also made the curtain floor length.
Wave curtains, for every 100cm of track the curtains will stack circa *18cm
Eyelet curtains, they will stack back circa 10cm per *70cm of track width
Pencil Pleat will stack approx 25% of the track width. eg. 210cm track will stack 52.5%
* all dependent on thickness of fabric
Selecting your Curtain Drop
Where to Measure From for Different Type of Curtains
Type of Curtains
Where to Measure from - to desired length
Pencil Pleat Curtains
Top of the Track - If using a extra wide track or designer track like silent gliss metropole, then measure from the underside of the track.
Pencil Pleat Curtains
Measure from small ring at the bottom of eye under the ring, this is where your curtain clips into.
Curtain Pole – Only
Top of the pole *we add on the upstand to our curtains,
Pinch Pleat Curtains
The underside of the track
Curtain Track Designer Pole
The glider underneath the track. The curtain will sit under the track.
See Heading Style of Choice above
Same but make sure wider than normal ideally 30cm past either side and 30 above. Also to the floor.
How to Measure for Blinds going Inside the Recess
- Measure the exact width of the recess in three places; at the top of the recess, in the centre of the recess and near the bottom - then take the smallest size.
- Measure the exact drop of the recess in three places on the left hand side of the recess, in the centre of the recess and on the right hand side of the recess - then take the smallest size.
- We will take one cm off the finished width size you have given us, to allow for the blind to pull up and down easily.
- Double check your measurements
- Cord Safety - Mounting Height - We ask for the mounting height of your blinds to allow for the cord to be 150cm off the ground. If mounting at 210cm This is what you enter in the Fitting height box. We make a deduction to ensure the cord is 150cm from the floor. Thus the cord loop will be 60cm
How to Measure Outside of the Recess
- Measure the recess in 3 places on the width and also 3 places on the drop. Take the widest measurement.
- Measure the width of the actual recess plus an additional amount – Usually from 7cm-15cm whatever you think looks appropriate. This is for overlap.
- Measure the exact drop of the recess. The blind would be fitted above the recess, so check the space above and add an amount on to the drop – usually from 7-15cm
- These sizes you have taken will be the size of the finished blind.
- Double check your measurements
- Cord Safety - Mounting Height - We ask for the mounting height of your blinds to allow for the cord to be 150cm off the ground. If mounting at 210cm This is what you enter in the fitting height box. We make a deduction to ensure the cord is 150cm from the floor. Thus the cord loop will be 60cm
Cubicle Tracks you have to measure with right angles from wall to wall where you want the track to go
Draw your room on a piece of paper with a sky view
Now measure from the wall to wall for straight tracks,
L Shape Tracks Measure to a point on the floor and mark with a piece of tape. Then for the other sides measure from the other wall to that point.
Always check for obstructions and fitting issues you may need to work around
SAVE TIME - Send your project requirements, large or small. Sample Lists etc