UTOPIA Cassette Frame Blinds -Thermal | 36 Colours | Flame Retardant - Blackout
2 Weeks or Less - Manufactured to Order
Suitable for Commercial Use.
Made to Measure
All Blinds are Made to Measure to your exact requirements.
10 Year Guarentee
Higest Quality Commercial Roller Blinds
Chain Operated Blinds - Smooth Operation
Our Utopia Blackout Cassette Roller Blinds are available in 30 colours is simple, stylish and easy to operate. The Cassette Roller Blind can be easily rolled up or down to achieve the required level of shading. This Blackout blind keeps the cool air and the morning sunlight that awakes you from entering your room.
The fabric has a matching acrylic foam blackout backing which makes this fabric PVC free and totally impermeable to light. It is fire retardant and has the same colour on each side of the fabric and comes with a lifetime warranty.
The Utopia Cassette Roller Blind series is affordable and of the highest standard. It is available in several beautiful colors to ensure a match for any decor.
- Flame Retardant
- Blackout blinds are most suitable for bedroom
- Eco-friendly fabric
- Easy installation
- Bead rope works smoothly
- High quality fabric
- Available in 30 beautiful colors to suit every home style and decor
All of the sidewinder cassetted blinds come with an enclosed aluminium head-box and side channels as standard. The cassette is designed for top or face fixing and accommodates 32, 45, 53 or 70mm grooved aluminium barrels, depending on blind size and fabric weight. The headbox is 77 x 73mm**105 x 95mm**140 x 120mm deep. Fabric is locked into groove in barrel, and features aluminium bottom bar. A robust Slipstream® sidewinder mechanism provides the effective operation by chain, held in place by a chain tidy. Studs fitted at the edge of the fabric retain it within side channels. Black or white hardware as standard.
Choose the Location of your Cassette Blinds
There are 3 options here.
1. Measure the recess and we can add onto the measurements to makesure that they fit
2. Measure the exact measurement and we will then makesure the total width of the head box and side channel fits within this measurement
3. Tell us the fabric width you require and we will add on for all the mechanisms and the head boxes.
Position inside recess
Measure inside the recess and we will make deductions.
Position outside of the recess
Cassette Blinds Components
Thermal Blackout Blinds
Looking for the perfect blinds to enhance your home's comfort and energy efficiency? Look no further than our incredible thermal blinds. With their superior performance and stylish design, they are the ideal choice for your living space.
But what makes our thermal blinds stand out from the rest? Let's dive into the specifications of each fabric color, showcased in the table below:
When it comes to efficiency, our thermal blinds excel in every aspect. The transmittance, which measures the amount of light and heat transmitted beyond the fabric, is impressively low. This means that our blinds effectively reduce the unwanted heat and glare, keeping your home cool and comfortable.
Transmittance is the amount of light and heat transmitted beyond the fabric. The lower the amount, the greater the efficiency. Block/reflect is the amount of heat
and light that is blocked or reflected. The higher the amount, the greater the efficiency.
Absorption is the amount of heat and light absorbed in the fabric. The higher the amount, the lower the efficiency.
Ultraviolet protection illustrates how protective the fabric is against ultraviolet rays. The higher the amount, the greater the effectiveness.
Shading Co-efficiency is tested using a single 6mm glass glazing system with and without a blind to obtain solar heat gain measurements. The heat gained with a blind at the window is divided by the solar heat gained without a blind at the window, giving the Shading Co-Efficient. The lower the result the better the performance of the blind at blocking solar heat.
Moreover, our blinds boast a high block/reflect rating, meaning they effectively block and reflect heat and light. This exceptional feature ensures that your home remains pleasantly shaded and protected from the scorching sun rays, reducing the need for excessive air conditioning.
We understand the importance of UV protection, and that's why our thermal blinds offer excellent defense against harmful ultraviolet rays. The high level of ultraviolet protection ensures that your furniture, flooring, and other valuable belongings are shielded from sun damage, preserving their longevity.
When it comes to blocking solar heat, our blinds perform exceptionally well. The Shading Co-Efficient, which measures the heat gained with a blind compared to without a blind, showcases the superior performance of our thermal blinds in blocking solar heat. The lower the result, the better the blind's performance in keeping your home cool and energy-efficient.
In addition to their outstanding performance, our thermal blinds are crafted with a keen eye for design. They seamlessly blend into any home decor, adding a touch of elegance to your windows. You can choose from a range of fabric colors, each with its own set of specifications, ensuring you find the perfect match for your style and preferences.
Don't compromise on comfort and efficiency when it comes to your home. Choose our thermal cassette blinds and experience the perfect balance of functionality, style, and energy savings. Upgrade your living space today!</p>
Easy website to use and good communication on delivery times etc. Would use again
Class act… quality product and awesome service
|Flame Retardant Certified Rating
|BS5867 Part 2B
|Acoustic Absorption Rating
|2 Weeks or Less - Manufactured to Order
|Washing / Cleaning Information Face Fabric
|Instructions and Brochure
How to Measure For Curtains, Blinds and Tracks.
Pen and Paper
For recording your
Someone to assist if your
windows are large .
Metal Tape Measure
As this will allow you to get a
rigid full length measurement.
Make sure your curtain tracks and poles are fitted in the position you want.
Choose the type of curtains that you would like and how you want to hang your curtains. See our heading styles guide
We recommend fitting your hardware first before measuring, this avoids any issues with not getting the perfect fit.
Measure your window using our main guide. Quick summary below. Remember wave, pinch, and designer headings require slightly different measurement
Measure in 3 places and take the shortest drop – Floors and ceilings can run out.
Double / Triple check your measurements
Choosing your Curtain Track Width
The width of the curtain track should extend past your window this allows for the curtains to stack back away from your window and allow light in.
Measure your recess and then add on 15cm on either side. For acoustics , we recommend further to fully cover the window and the surrounding area. In our test we added an additional 30cm to the width and also made the curtain floor length.
Wave curtains, for every 100cm of track the curtains will stack circa *18cm
Eyelet curtains, they will stack back circa 10cm per *70cm of track width
Pencil Pleat will stack approx 25% of the track width. eg. 210cm track will stack 52.5%
* all dependent on thickness of fabric
Selecting your Curtain Drop
Where to Measure From for Different Type of Curtains
Type of Curtains
Where to Measure from - to desired length
Pencil Pleat Curtains
Top of the Track - If using a extra wide track or designer track like silent gliss metropole, then measure from the underside of the track.
Pencil Pleat Curtains
Measure from small ring at the bottom of eye under the ring, this is where your curtain clips into.
Curtain Pole – Only
Top of the pole *we add on the upstand to our curtains,
Pinch Pleat Curtains
The underside of the track
Curtain Track Designer Pole
The glider underneath the track. The curtain will sit under the track.
See Heading Style of Choice above
Same but make sure wider than normal ideally 30cm past either side and 30 above. Also to the floor.
How to Measure for Blinds going Inside the Recess
- Measure the exact width of the recess in three places; at the top of the recess, in the centre of the recess and near the bottom - then take the smallest size.
- Measure the exact drop of the recess in three places on the left hand side of the recess, in the centre of the recess and on the right hand side of the recess - then take the smallest size.
- We will take one cm off the finished width size you have given us, to allow for the blind to pull up and down easily.
- Double check your measurements
- Cord Safety - Mounting Height - We ask for the mounting height of your blinds to allow for the cord to be 150cm off the ground. If mounting at 210cm This is what you enter in the Fitting height box. We make a deduction to ensure the cord is 150cm from the floor. Thus the cord loop will be 60cm
How to Measure Outside of the Recess
- Measure the recess in 3 places on the width and also 3 places on the drop. Take the widest measurement.
- Measure the width of the actual recess plus an additional amount – Usually from 7cm-15cm whatever you think looks appropriate. This is for overlap.
- Measure the exact drop of the recess. The blind would be fitted above the recess, so check the space above and add an amount on to the drop – usually from 7-15cm
- These sizes you have taken will be the size of the finished blind.
- Double check your measurements
- Cord Safety - Mounting Height - We ask for the mounting height of your blinds to allow for the cord to be 150cm off the ground. If mounting at 210cm This is what you enter in the fitting height box. We make a deduction to ensure the cord is 150cm from the floor. Thus the cord loop will be 60cm
Cubicle Tracks you have to measure with right angles from wall to wall where you want the track to go
Draw your room on a piece of paper with a sky view
Now measure from the wall to wall for straight tracks,
L Shape Tracks Measure to a point on the floor and mark with a piece of tape. Then for the other sides measure from the other wall to that point.
Always check for obstructions and fitting issues you may need to work around
SAVE TIME - Send your project requirements, large or small. Sample Lists etc