Black Wool KILO 840gms Serge Acoustic Flame Retardant Curtains
Currently 3-4 Weeks
Black Wool Serge - Flame Retardent Stage Curtains
These are our premium black wool serge fabric manufactured into curtains, specifically designed for aoustic curtains and stages. A high quality grade acoustic dimout and blackout used blackout lining. This wool serge is a of the very best quality and manufactured in our workrooms in to stunning drapes.
Please select the style and options you require, we can manufacture these into any type of soft furnishings your require. So please speak with the team if you have specific requirements or are unsure that our online system is not producing the correct quote for you
- Weight circa 860gms plus any lining
- Double fullness recommended but other options available.
- Heading choices for your curtain track or pole.
- Lining per customers requirement, blackout, dimout, polyester
- Made to measure to your exact requirements and delivered usualy in 2-3 weeks.
- Flame Retardant to EN13773 Class 3
Choices for Using Black Wool Serge Flame Retardant Curtains
Black wool works well for a simple sound absorbing curtain, so when choosing this you are getting a quality made to measure product that will work well in any envrioment. Using this 100% wool serge fabric as curtains will give you a hotel quality fabric for use in your contract project. Combing with our polyester flame retardant and blackout lining adds an additional fullness and light control solution to your amazing wool curtains.
Understanding Acoustic Curtains
Acoustic curtains are used in theatres and open spaces to give the best reduction is sound transmission around a space. The black wool is a fantastic sound absorber and will reduces echoes and sound passing back into your spaces.
Use black wool as a low cost decorative solution to
Stage Curtain Headings and General Curtain Options for Black Wool Serge Curtains
If you are looking to use these with a standard curtain track, then simply select the 3" pencil pleat curtain heading
Please find a variety of stage curtain heading that we offer on our product, in the choices above we only have a few available to buy directly from the website, but we can do you a bespoke quote directly from our sales team, simply contact the team via email and we can work to get you a quote quickly.
When deciding how you want to hang your black wool serge curtains
Our curtain fabrics are selected and checked for quality issues and then we cut and measure everything by hand
In our UK based workrooms we continue the traditions of master curtain makers and offer the very best curtains that are British MadeSpecification
Our curtains are manufactured with various fullness's to suit our customers requirements. For standard made to measure curtains they are manufactured with 2x fullness also know as 100%. This means they you get a beautifully pleated curtains
Please see the further information section about curtain fullness
Curtain Headings for Made to Measure
At direct fabrics we offer a truely flexbile choice for your made to measure curtains.
Pencil Pleat Heading
Pencil pleat is the traditional style of curtain heading that is a used in most windows and gives a lovely finish. You have the flexibility from the stitched in curtain tape which allows you to alter the height above your track and pole.
Eyelet Curtains Heading
A modern finish which the pole slots through the curtains, this means you can a lovely feature of your pole with a contrast of the metal against the curtain fabric.
2 Options Available
- Standard 44mm Eyelets for 28mm & 35mm Pole
- 66mm Eyelets for 40mm+ poles can be opted for by contacting the team
Pinch Pleat Curtain Heading
A traditional heading style that looks grand in any setting.
Wave Style Heading 60mm or 80mm
All lining options from direct Fabrics are flame retardant certified to BS5867 and can be used in commercial environments.
Unlined Curtains are a good option if you are looking for a low cost option. If the fabric is dimout or blackout it will provide you with a good amount of shading for the rooms with these curtains, dimout will be 90%+ and blackout with a 3 pass coating will be 100% blackout. Obviously depending where the track is located it will depend how much light will come through.
Standard polyester fr lining is a low cost option that provides extra fullness and helps your curtains drape better. The Polyester lining can be washed at 50 times and is inherently flame retardant. It will provide additional shade on standard fabrics and on dimout and blackout fabrics it is used to add a more luxurious feel.
3 Pass blackout lining is Direct Fabrics choice for all curtains as it makes a room have no light come through the curtain. Certified to BS5867 Part2B so can be washed 10 times. The 3 pass coating is very hard wearing and provides a thermal benefit aswell as making your curtain drape better./p>
From my first contact, right through to the delivery, I have been nothing but impressed with the professional advice, the prompt delivery of a sample and the efficient ordering system. A first class service I would recommend.
|Flame Retardant, Dimout (Unlined)
|Flame Retardant Certified Rating
|Currently 3-4 Weeks
|Pattern Repeat Vertical (cm)
|Fabric Width (cm)
|Acoustic Absorption Rating
How to Measure For Curtains, Blinds and Tracks.
Pen and Paper
For recording your
Someone to assist if your
windows are large .
Metal Tape Measure
As this will allow you to get a
rigid full length measurement.
Make sure your curtain tracks and poles are fitted in the position you want.
Choose the type of curtains that you would like and how you want to hang your curtains. See our heading styles guide
We recommend fitting your hardware first before measuring, this avoids any issues with not getting the perfect fit.
Measure your window using our main guide. Quick summary below. Remember wave, pinch, and designer headings require slightly different measurement
Measure in 3 places and take the shortest drop – Floors and ceilings can run out.
Double / Triple check your measurements
Choosing your Curtain Track Width
The width of the curtain track should extend past your window this allows for the curtains to stack back away from your window and allow light in.
Measure your recess and then add on 15cm on either side. For acoustics , we recommend further to fully cover the window and the surrounding area. In our test we added an additional 30cm to the width and also made the curtain floor length.
Wave curtains, for every 100cm of track the curtains will stack circa *18cm
Eyelet curtains, they will stack back circa 10cm per *70cm of track width
Pencil Pleat will stack approx 25% of the track width. eg. 210cm track will stack 52.5%
* all dependent on thickness of fabric
Selecting your Curtain Drop
Where to Measure From for Different Type of Curtains
Type of Curtains
Where to Measure from - to desired length
Pencil Pleat Curtains
Top of the Track - If using a extra wide track or designer track like silent gliss metropole, then measure from the underside of the track.
Pencil Pleat Curtains
Measure from small ring at the bottom of eye under the ring, this is where your curtain clips into.
Curtain Pole – Only
Top of the pole *we add on the upstand to our curtains,
Pinch Pleat Curtains
The underside of the track
Curtain Track Designer Pole
The glider underneath the track. The curtain will sit under the track.
See Heading Style of Choice above
Same but make sure wider than normal ideally 30cm past either side and 30 above. Also to the floor.
How to Measure for Blinds going Inside the Recess
- Measure the exact width of the recess in three places; at the top of the recess, in the centre of the recess and near the bottom - then take the smallest size.
- Measure the exact drop of the recess in three places on the left hand side of the recess, in the centre of the recess and on the right hand side of the recess - then take the smallest size.
- We will take one cm off the finished width size you have given us, to allow for the blind to pull up and down easily.
- Double check your measurements
- Cord Safety - Mounting Height - We ask for the mounting height of your blinds to allow for the cord to be 150cm off the ground. If mounting at 210cm This is what you enter in the Fitting height box. We make a deduction to ensure the cord is 150cm from the floor. Thus the cord loop will be 60cm
How to Measure Outside of the Recess
- Measure the recess in 3 places on the width and also 3 places on the drop. Take the widest measurement.
- Measure the width of the actual recess plus an additional amount – Usually from 7cm-15cm whatever you think looks appropriate. This is for overlap.
- Measure the exact drop of the recess. The blind would be fitted above the recess, so check the space above and add an amount on to the drop – usually from 7-15cm
- These sizes you have taken will be the size of the finished blind.
- Double check your measurements
- Cord Safety - Mounting Height - We ask for the mounting height of your blinds to allow for the cord to be 150cm off the ground. If mounting at 210cm This is what you enter in the fitting height box. We make a deduction to ensure the cord is 150cm from the floor. Thus the cord loop will be 60cm
Cubicle Tracks you have to measure with right angles from wall to wall where you want the track to go
Draw your room on a piece of paper with a sky view
Now measure from the wall to wall for straight tracks,
L Shape Tracks Measure to a point on the floor and mark with a piece of tape. Then for the other sides measure from the other wall to that point.
Always check for obstructions and fitting issues you may need to work around
SAVE TIME - Send your project requirements, large or small. Sample Lists etc