Ore 3% Screen Shade Solar Control Flame Retardant Chain Operated Roller Blinds
Related Blog Posts
3 - 5 Days Delivery
The Direct Fabrics ORE-Solar Control Flame Retardant
fabric is designed for areas where a high level of solar control is required along with exceptional performance characteristics. Whilst reducing solar glare, the comfort of natural light is still maintained. With 6 colours along with one of the most advanced production procedures, the Flame Retardant fabric is designed with the commercial, educational and healthcare environments in mind.
- Fabric Composition: 70% PVC, 30% Polyester
- Fabric Range: 6
- Louvre Widths: 127mm (5”) / 89mm (3.5”) / 63mm (2.5”)
- Louvre Roll Length: 30m
- Fabric Width: 2500mm (981/2”)
- Fabric Length: 30m
- Fabric Thickness: 0.50mm
- Fabric Weight: 400 g/m2
- Fire Retardancy: BS5867 Part 2, Type B
- Shading: High Performance
- Screen. Suitable for computer environments
- Moisture Resistance: Suitable for moist conditions
- Care Instructions: Wipe clean
- Mesh/in: 48 x 48
- Colour Fastness: 4.5
- Chain operated roller blind
Fabric Information Screen Fabrics
Everything went absolutely perfectly, fabric samples arrived promptly, questions were answered immediately and the 5 large blinds delivered bang on time. Couldn't have been better service.
Good quality blinds at a reasonable price. We will be ordering blinds for our entire house from Direct Fabrics.
|Flame Retardant Certified Rating||BS5867 Part 2B|
|Delivery||3 - 5 Days Delivery|
|Washing / Cleaning Information Face Fabric||No|
|Instructions and Brochure||No|
How to Measure For Curtains, Blinds and Tracks.
Pen and Paper
For recording your
Someone to assist if your
windows are large .
Metal Tape Measure
As this will allow you to get a
rigid full length measurement.
Make sure your curtain tracks and poles are fitted in the position you want.
Choose the type of curtains that you would like and how you want to hang your curtains. See our heading styles guide
We recommend fitting your hardware first before measuring, this avoids any issues with not getting the perfect fit.
Measure your window using our main guide. Quick summary below. Remember wave, pinch, and designer headings require slightly different measurement
Measure in 3 places and take the shortest drop – Floors and ceilings can run out.
Double / Triple check your measurements
Choosing your Curtain Track Width
The width of the curtain track should extend past your window this allows for the curtains to stack back away from your window and allow light in.
Measure your recess and then add on 15cm on either side. For acoustics , we recommend further to fully cover the window and the surrounding area. In our test we added an additional 30cm to the width and also made the curtain floor length.
Wave curtains, for every 100cm of track the curtains will stack circa *18cm
Eyelet curtains, they will stack back circa 10cm per *70cm of track width
Pencil Pleat will stack approx 25% of the track width. eg. 210cm track will stack 52.5%
* all dependent on thickness of fabric
Selecting your Curtain Drop
Where to Measure From for Different Type of Curtains
Type of Curtains
Where to Measure from - to desired length
Pencil Pleat Curtains
Top of the Track - If using a extra wide track or designer track like silent gliss metropole, then measure from the underside of the track.
Pencil Pleat Curtains
Measure from small ring at the bottom of eye under the ring, this is where your curtain clips into.
Curtain Pole – Only
Top of the pole *we add on the upstand to our curtains,
Pinch Pleat Curtains
The underside of the track
Curtain Track Designer Pole
The underside of the track
See Heading Style of Choice above
Same but make sure wider than normal ideally 30cm past either side and 30 above. Also to the floor.
How to Measure for Blinds going Inside the Recess
- Measure the exact width of the recess in three places; at the top of the recess, in the centre of the recess and near the bottom - then take the smallest size.
- Measure the exact drop of the recess in three places on the left hand side of the recess, in the centre of the recess and on the right hand side of the recess - then take the smallest size.
- We will take one cm off the finished width size you have given us, to allow for the blind to pull up and down easily.
- Double check your measurements
- Cord Safety - Mounting Height - We ask for the mounting height of your blinds to allow for the cord to be 150cm off the ground. If mounting at 210cm This is what you enter in the Fitting height box. We make a deduction to ensure the cord is 150cm from the floor. Thus the cord loop will be 60cm
How to Measure Outside of the Recess
- Measure the recess in 3 places on the width and also 3 places on the drop. Take the widest measurement.
- Measure the width of the actual recess plus an additional amount – Usually from 7cm-15cm whatever you think looks appropriate. This is for overlap.
- Measure the exact drop of the recess. The blind would be fitted above the recess, so check the space above and add an amount on to the drop – usually from 7-15cm
- These sizes you have taken will be the size of the finished blind.
- Double check your measurements
- Cord Safety - Mounting Height - We ask for the mounting height of your blinds to allow for the cord to be 150cm off the ground. If mounting at 210cm This is what you enter in the fitting height box. We make a deduction to ensure the cord is 150cm from the floor. Thus the cord loop will be 60cm
Cubicle Tracks you have to measure with right angles from wall to wall where you want the track to go
Draw your room on a piece of paper with a sky view
Now measure from the wall to wall for straight tracks,
L Shape Tracks Measure to a point on the floor and mark with a piece of tape. Then for the other sides measure from the other wall to that point.
Always check for obstructions and fitting issues you may need to work around
Flame Retardant to British Standards
This fabric is flame retardant to British Standards. The flame retardant standards are certified for use in commercial environments, including; care homes, hotels, schools, pubs, restaurants and more. All our fire resistant products come with certification from UK registered testing houses. Please check the additional information tab for the flame retardant standards this particular product complies to. We ensure all our stated fire resistant curtain fabrics are certified to BS5867 Part2B or 2C. Upholsteryfabrics are certified to BS5852 and the bedding to BS7175, but please check the additional information to ensure the fabric you are viewing is fit for the purpose you require.
Made to Measure in the UK.
Our made to measure curtains and blinds are manufactured to your exact specification which means you get a quality custom finish for an incredibly low price because as you are buying direct. We use your measurements to make everything to your requirements using our team of UK manufacturing facilities. If you have a specific requirement then please speak to the team and we will customise your products exactly how you would like them making.
Made to Measure Blinds
Our made to measure blinds are manufactured here in the UK. We supply the very best blinds including, roller, vertical, venetian and roman. Using the measurements you supply we assemble your blinds to the fit these windows. If you need help with measuring please see the how to measure guide. Ensure that you select when entering your information whether the blind is to be fitted inside the recess or outside of the recess as we will make deductions where necessary for the blind to fit.
Nationwide Fitting and Installation
We have a nationwide team of experts who will come to your site. Please see the full details here. We can do check measures of your windows and provide you with dressing advice.
Full Bespoke Quotations & Invoicing Available
We offer a full service for all our products so if you need advice or help please speak with our well trained team. You can speak directly with our sales agent who has over 20 years’ experience in the soft furnishings industry. We are here to help.
We offer clients an invoice which they can pay via bank transfer as well as card over the phone. We try to make the payment process as simple as possible.