Silent Gliss Metropole 30mm - Silver
Other Colours Available
7 Working Day Delivery
Silent Gliss Metropole 30mm
This is a premium curtains pole by silent gliss. This pole has a wonderful modern look and adds a luxury contemporary feel to a room. It has the design look of a pole but the functionality of a curtain track. We recommend this product to our contract clients for boutique hotels or for use in the home for that finish that is just so much better than a standard metal curtain track.
You have a choice of 7 colours and also a a selection of finials to give it that extra swish finish. When choosing this system you are making a great choice for quality and for finish. This decorative pole combines sheer beauty and the elegant finish you want for your rooms.
- Steel Grey
- Antique Bronze
Benefits of the Metropole system
- Hand operated system for domestic and contract applications
- Operationg by hand for use in the home or within a contract enviroment.
- It can be custom made in our made to measure section for use with your bay windows.
- Choice of 7 different finishes - black, white, steel grey, antique bronze, taupe, silver and oak effect
- You can give it the premium finish with a choice of end caps and bracket covers.
- Choice of 4 different finial choices for the extra finish.
- Fitting is straight forward and can be wall or ceiling fitted.
- It can hold medium weight curtains
- Can complement your curtains when used with the wave system.
Bending the Metropole - Made to Measure
If you are wanting you metropole to fit round a bay we will need you to speak with our team and we can provide instructions on how to measure the bay and also the requirements. If you are confident that you know the angles required, then please email with the confirmation.
|7 Working Day Delivery
How to Measure For Curtains, Blinds and Tracks.
Pen and Paper
For recording your
Someone to assist if your
windows are large .
Metal Tape Measure
As this will allow you to get a
rigid full length measurement.
Make sure your curtain tracks and poles are fitted in the position you want.
Choose the type of curtains that you would like and how you want to hang your curtains. See our heading styles guide
We recommend fitting your hardware first before measuring, this avoids any issues with not getting the perfect fit.
Measure your window using our main guide. Quick summary below. Remember wave, pinch, and designer headings require slightly different measurement
Measure in 3 places and take the shortest drop – Floors and ceilings can run out.
Double / Triple check your measurements
Choosing your Curtain Track Width
The width of the curtain track should extend past your window this allows for the curtains to stack back away from your window and allow light in.
Measure your recess and then add on 15cm on either side. For acoustics , we recommend further to fully cover the window and the surrounding area. In our test we added an additional 30cm to the width and also made the curtain floor length.
Wave curtains, for every 100cm of track the curtains will stack circa *18cm
Eyelet curtains, they will stack back circa 10cm per *70cm of track width
Pencil Pleat will stack approx 25% of the track width. eg. 210cm track will stack 52.5%
* all dependent on thickness of fabric
Selecting your Curtain Drop
Where to Measure From for Different Type of Curtains
Type of Curtains
Where to Measure from - to desired length
Pencil Pleat Curtains
Top of the Track - If using a extra wide track or designer track like silent gliss metropole, then measure from the underside of the track.
Pencil Pleat Curtains
Measure from small ring at the bottom of eye under the ring, this is where your curtain clips into.
Curtain Pole – Only
Top of the pole *we add on the upstand to our curtains,
Pinch Pleat Curtains
The underside of the track
Curtain Track Designer Pole
The glider underneath the track. The curtain will sit under the track.
See Heading Style of Choice above
Same but make sure wider than normal ideally 30cm past either side and 30 above. Also to the floor.
How to Measure for Blinds going Inside the Recess
- Measure the exact width of the recess in three places; at the top of the recess, in the centre of the recess and near the bottom - then take the smallest size.
- Measure the exact drop of the recess in three places on the left hand side of the recess, in the centre of the recess and on the right hand side of the recess - then take the smallest size.
- We will take one cm off the finished width size you have given us, to allow for the blind to pull up and down easily.
- Double check your measurements
- Cord Safety - Mounting Height - We ask for the mounting height of your blinds to allow for the cord to be 150cm off the ground. If mounting at 210cm This is what you enter in the Fitting height box. We make a deduction to ensure the cord is 150cm from the floor. Thus the cord loop will be 60cm
How to Measure Outside of the Recess
- Measure the recess in 3 places on the width and also 3 places on the drop. Take the widest measurement.
- Measure the width of the actual recess plus an additional amount – Usually from 7cm-15cm whatever you think looks appropriate. This is for overlap.
- Measure the exact drop of the recess. The blind would be fitted above the recess, so check the space above and add an amount on to the drop – usually from 7-15cm
- These sizes you have taken will be the size of the finished blind.
- Double check your measurements
- Cord Safety - Mounting Height - We ask for the mounting height of your blinds to allow for the cord to be 150cm off the ground. If mounting at 210cm This is what you enter in the fitting height box. We make a deduction to ensure the cord is 150cm from the floor. Thus the cord loop will be 60cm
Cubicle Tracks you have to measure with right angles from wall to wall where you want the track to go
Draw your room on a piece of paper with a sky view
Now measure from the wall to wall for straight tracks,
L Shape Tracks Measure to a point on the floor and mark with a piece of tape. Then for the other sides measure from the other wall to that point.
Always check for obstructions and fitting issues you may need to work around
SAVE TIME - Send your project requirements, large or small. Sample Lists etc