Silent Gliss Metropole 30mm - White
Silent Gliss Metropole 30mm
This is a premium curtains pole by silent gliss. This pole has a wonderful modern look and adds a luxury contemporary feel to a room. It has the design look of a pole but the functionality of a curtain track. We recommend this product to our contract clients for boutique hotels or for use in the home for that finish that is just so much better than a standard metal curtain track.
You have a choice of 7 colours and also a a selection of finials to give it that extra swish finish. When choosing this system you are making a great choice for quality and for finish. This decorative pole combines sheer beauty and the elegant finish you want for your rooms.
- Steel Grey
- Antique Bronze
Benefits of the Metropole system
- Hand operated system for domestic and contract applications
- Operationg by hand for use in the home or within a contract enviroment.
- It can be custom made in our made to measure section for use with your bay windows.
- Choice of 7 different finishes - black, white, steel grey, antique bronze, taupe, silver and oak effect
- You can give it the premium finish with a choice of end caps and bracket covers.
- Choice of 4 different finial choices for the extra finish.
- Fitting is straight forward and can be wall or ceiling fitted.
- It can hold medium weight curtains
- Can complement your curtains when used with the wave system.
Bending the Metropole - Made to Measure
If you are wanting you metropole to fit round a bay we will need you to speak with our team and we can provide instructions on how to measure the bay and also the requirements. If you are confident that you know the angles required, then please email with the confirmation.
Piece of paper
For recording your
Someone to assist if your
windows are large .
As this will allow you to get a
rigid full length measurement.
The first step is to decide whether you want your curtains to hang from, whether you go for a curtain track or a curtain pole, both of which should be positioned 15cm (6 inches) above the window and extend 15-20cm (6-8 inches) either side.
You want to measure the total width of the track or pole, excluding the finials as these will not be covered. Then add a small amount on to allow for an overlap of your curtains.
When you are ready to measure, you have to make a decision about where you want the curtains to finish. The choices are whether to go to the sill, below the sill or to the floor. We suggest that:
- Sill length curtains finish 1.25cm (1/2 inch) above the sill.
- Curtains that fall below the sill should finish 15cm (6 inches) below or just above the radiator to stop heat loss.
- Floor length curtains finish 1 - 1.5cm (1/2 inch) from the floor (although you can create a shappy sheak look by having them puddled on the floor, but that is personal preference).
It is essential that you double and triple check your measurements as if you have measured incorrectly your curtains will not fit properly and if they are made to measure / custom drapes they cannot be changed.
Measure the exact width of the recess in three places; at the top of the recess, in the centre of the recess and near the bottom - then take the smallest size.
Measure the exact drop of the recess in three places on the left hand side of the recess, in the centre of the recess and on the right hand side of the recess - then take thesmallest size.
We will take one cm (half an inch) off the finished width size you have given us, to allow for the blind to pull up and down easily. The amount of fabric required will be more than this finished size, This is to allow for fabric hemming.
Measure the width of the actual recess plus an additional amount – Usually from 7cm-15cm (3" - 6") whatever you think looks appropriate.
Measure the exact drop of the recess. The blind would be fitted above the recess, so check the space above and add an amount on to the drop – usually from 15-20cm (6" - 8")
These sizes you have taken will be the size of the finished blind. The amount of fabric required will be more than this finished size this is to allow for hemming.