Gallerie Flame Retardant Upholstery Fabric Crib 5 Waterproof
2 Weeks or Less - Manufactured to Order
Capturing the very latest in watercolour effect designs, GALLERIE conjures up a playful vision of freshness, spontaneity and heady summer days. Inspired by the hand painted watercolours of the French impressionists, the collection takes you on a journey to the gardens of the Riviera.
The fresh and contemporary designs are presented in a selection of colours that draw on a wealth of diverse inspiration yet blend intuitively to change the mood. Salmon & Mint, Magenta & Lime, Aqua, Seafoam and Blueberry are among the medley of colours that blend harmoniously to evoke lazy summer days.
Waterproof Upholstery Fabric Crib 5 BS5852 Certified
Our crib 5 waterproof upholstery fabric is ideally suited for use in the contract sector and is incredibly economical. You can print any of the designs above onto our heavy duty upholstery base cloth in less than 2 weeks. The fabric is a 350gms heavy weight cloth that has a suede sort of smooth feel. It is waterproof and perfect for hospitality and leisure.
|Washing / Cleaning Information Face Fabric||40 Degrees|
|Average Roll Size||50 Metres|
|Delivery||2 Weeks or Less - Manufactured to Order|
|Fabric Style||Florals, Patterns, Plains, Semi Plains, Stripes, Checks, Kids, Geometric|
|Fabric Width (cm)||140|
|Pattern Repeat Vertical (cm)||32|
How to Measure For Curtains, Blinds and Tracks.
Pen and Paper
For recording your
Someone to assist if your
windows are large .
Metal Tape Measure
As this will allow you to get a
rigid full length measurement.
Make sure your curtain tracks and poles are fitted in the position you want.
Choose the type of curtains that you would like and how you want to hang your curtains. See our heading styles guide
We recommend fitting your hardware first before measuring, this avoids any issues with not getting the perfect fit.
Measure your window using our main guide. Quick summary below. Remember wave, pinch, and designer headings require slightly different measurement
Measure in 3 places and take the shortest drop – Floors and ceilings can run out.
Double / Triple check your measurements
Choosing your Curtain Track Width
The width of the curtain track should extend past your window this allows for the curtains to stack back away from your window and allow light in.
Measure your recess and then add on 15cm on either side. For acoustics, we recommend further to fully cover and more the window. Tested to 30cm
Wave curtains, for every 100cm of track the curtains will stack circa *18cm
Eyelet curtains, they will stack back circa 10cm per *70cm of track width
Pencil Pleat will stack approx 25% of the track width. eg. 210cm track will stack 52.5%
* all dependent on thickness of fabric
Selecting your Curtain Drop
Where to Measure From for Different Type of Curtains
Type of Curtains
Where to Measure from - to desired length
Pencil Pleat Curtains
Top of the Track - If using a extra wide track or designer track like silent gliss metropole, then measure from the underside of the track.
Pencil Pleat Curtains
Measure from small ring at the bottom of eye under the ring, this is where your curtain clips into.
Curtain Pole – Only
Top of the pole *we add on the upstand to our curtains,
Pinch Pleat Curtains
The underside of the track
Curtain Track Designer Pole
The underside of the track
See Heading Style of Choice above
Same but makesure wider than normal ideally 30cm past either side and 30 above. Also to the floor.
How to Measure for Blinds goinng Inside the Recess
- Measure the exact width of the recess in three places; at the top of the recess, in the centre of the recess and near the bottom - then take the smallest size.
- Measure the exact drop of the recess in three places on the left hand side of the recess, in the centre of the recess and on the right hand side of the recess - then take thesmallest size.
- We will take one cm off the finished width size you have given us, to allow for the blind to pull up and down easily.
- Double check your measurements
- Cord Safety - Mounting Height - We ask for the mounting height of your blinds to allow for the cord to be 150cm off the ground. If mounting at 210cm This is what you enter in the Fitting height box. We make a deduction to ensure the cord is 150cm from the floor. Thus the cord loop will be 60cm
How to Measure Outside of the Recess
- Measure the recess in 3 places on the width and also 3 places on the drop. Take the widest measurement.
- Measure the width of the actual recess plus an additional amount – Usually from 7cm-15cm whatever you think looks appropriate. This is for overlap.
- Measure the exact drop of the recess. The blind would be fitted above the recess, so check the space above and add an amount on to the drop – usually from 7-15cm
- These sizes you have taken will be the size of the finished blind.
- Double check your measurements
- Cord Safety - Mounting Height - We ask for the mounting height of your blinds to allow for the cord to be 150cm off the ground. If mounting at 210cm This is what you enter in the fitting height box. We make a deduction to ensure the cord is 150cm from the floor. Thus the cord loop will be 60cm
Cubicle Tracks you have to measure with right angles from wall to wall where you want the track to go
Draw your room on a piece of paper with a sky view
Now measure from the wall to wall for straight tracks,
L Shape Tracks Measure to a point on the floor and mark with a piece of tape. Then for the other sides measure from the other wall to that point.
Always check for obstructions and fitting issues you may need to work around
Differences Between Fabric Weights
The fabrics we offer in our printed flame retardant range can be printed onto different fabric base cloths. We work with serveral mills and they all have the similar three basecloths. So we can offer you the follow
- - Satin c220gm flat sheen fabric that is washable. A nice look and sells very well for us due to the price
- - Panama 240gm woven effect fabric that is washable. Luxury look and the texture effect makes the finished product look more expensive, but all down to taste. Our team prefer the panama but the satin does sell very well also
- - Blackout 260gm a flat matt fabric that has a blackout coating that means it doesn't need to be lined to get a blackout finish. Very useful for avoiding additional costs of lining fabrics and makeup charges for lined curtain, it dapes very nicely and is perfect for unlined projects
All of our printed curtains fabrics drape very well and are designed for the contract market. We sell around 70/30 Panama to Satin finish. But the satin is ideally suited to care homes and schools where budget is key. Blackout fabrics are perfectly suited to rooms that require a blackout finish without the need of curtain lining.
Flame Retardant to British Standards
This fabric is flame retardant to British Standards. The flame retardant standards are certified for use in commercial environments, including; care homes, hotels, schools, pubs, restaurants and more. All our fire resistant products come with certification from UK registered testing houses. Please check the additional information tab for the flame retardant standards this particular product complies to. We ensure all our stated fire resistant curtain fabrics are certified to BS5867 Part2B or 2C. Upholsteryfabrics are certified to BS5852 and the bedding to BS7175, but please check the additional information to ensure the fabric you are viewing is fit for the purpose you require.
Curtain Fullness Calculation
Curtain fullness is the amount of pleating that will be in your curtain. This is based on the width of the space you wish to cover. For an example we can use a track width of 200cm. If you wanted a heavily pleated curtain then you would use 2x the track width rounded to the nearest width of fabric. As it is a waste not to use the full width.
Track width 200cm, Pencil Pleat Heading = 200cm x 2 = 400cm. Divide by the fabric width eg, 140cm = 2.85 widths. We therefore use 3 widths of fabric and 1.5 widths per curtain.
For Pinch pleat curtains you have to use 2.5x fullness for the finish otherwise with the pinches there will not be enough fullness for the finished width of the curtain
Made to Measure in the UK.
Our made to measure curtains and blinds are manufactured to your exact specification which means you get a quality custom finish for an incredibly low price because as you are buying direct. We use your measurements to make everything to your requirements using our team of UK manufacturing facilities. If you have a specific requirement then please speak to the team and we will customise your products exactly how you would like them making.
Made to Measure Curtains
Our made to measure curtains are produced by our trained seamstresses who produce the very finest curtains for both commercial and domestic environments. All our curtains use the finest tapes and linings and this means you get a super finish to your window dressings. Our custom made drapes use double fullness for pencil pleat and 2.5x fullness for pinch pleat. We round up to the nearest full width for all our curtains as we don’t like skimped windows. We offer a pulling and hooking service so all our curtains are ready to hang so you get the perfect pleats in your curtains as they are already pulled up to the track width you specified.
Nationwide Fitting and Installation
We have a nationwide team of experts who will come to your site. Please see the full details here. We can do check measures of your windows and provide you with dressing advice.
Free Product and Fabric Samples
We offer a full range of free fabric samples for all of our clients. Simply click the "order free sample" button above and select the options you would be interested in and you will get a samples added to your "shopping cart" bag in the menu.
Full Bespoke Quotations & Invoicing Available
We offer a full service for all our products so if you need advice or help please speak with our well trained team. You can speak directly with our sales agent who has over 20 years’ experience in the soft furnishings industry. We are here to help.
We offer clients an invoice which they can pay via bank transfer as well as card over the phone. We try to make the payment process as simple as possible.